In order for the Department to assess your ETA application, you will need to provide the following MANDATORY information:
Completed ETA Additional Information Form (click here to download the form); and
A scanned clear copy of the ETA applicant’s passport biodata page (the page with the passport holder’s details and photo) and passport observation pages; and
A clear copy of the screenshot of the ETA referral screen
Apart from the above MANDATORY information, the Department also require you to provide additional information to determine that you genuinely intend to visit Australia for tourism or business visitor purposes.
You are required to provide:
1. A bank statement showing at least the previous two months transactions. Please include all bank accounts that you and/or your sponsor hold.
2. An itinerary of your proposed stay in Australia. Please include any pre-booked (if any) flight, hotel and any other bookings that you have made.
3. A short statement outlining your plans in Australia. Please include whether the trip is for tourism or business visitor activities. Also include any other people who will be accompanying you on the trip. Please include their full name and date of birth.
4. A list of any family, friends and contact that you have in Australia. Please include their full name, date of birth, visa status and reason for their stay in Australia (if known).
5. A list of your immediate family members, indicating which of these family members will be travelling with you.
6. Evidence of you and/or your sponsor employment, this should be:
a. a statement from the employer that indicates you and/or your sponsor annual salary and that you have approved leave for your travel to Australia, or
b. If you and/or your sponsor are self-employed, business registration documents and financial records for the business (such as bank statements)
If you provide all the above information, we are able to process your ETA applications more quickly. Please note that under Australian migration law, the case officer can decide the application based on the information provided at time of lodgement and is not legally obliged to request further information from you before making a decision. You are therefore encouraged to lodge a complete application.
You must e-mail a complete application to email@example.com.
We will notify you by email once a decision is made on your ETA application.
Business visitor activity is defined under Regulation 1.03 of the Regulations as follows:
(a) means any of the following activities undertaken by a person:
(i) making a general business or employment enquiry;
(ii) investigating, negotiating, entering into, or reviewing a business contract;
(iii) an activity carried out as part of an official government to government visit;
(iv) participation in a conference, trade fair or seminar in Australia unless the person is being paid by an organiser for participation; but
(b) does not include either of the following activities:
(i) an activity that is, or includes, undertaking work for, or supplying services to, an organisation or other person based in Australia;
(ii) an activity that is, or includes, the sale of goods or services directly to the general public.
Note: An example for paragraph (b) is making a general business enquiry of an organisation based in Australia and also undertaking work for the organisation as part of investigating a business opportunity.
Department of Home Affairs
Australian High Commission, Kuala Lumpur